October 1, 2013 / KingsIsle Entertainment

Contacting Customer Support

Ever wonder what happens when you contact KingsIsle Customer Support?  Today Chad Hodgson from Customer Service explains the process for us, and has some helpful tips to keep in mind when trying to contact Support.

“What happens when I contact support for help?”

Many players already know how to contact KingsIsle Support for assistance, but what exactly happens when you ask for help?

There are multiple ways for you to contact the KingsIsle Support team, but all the different ways end up in the same place. With so many players enjoying KingsIsle games, there are sometimes a lot of requests for assistance!

All player inquiries are delivered to the KingsIsle Support team in the form of a Support Ticket. A Support Ticket initially includes the original text from your message and, depending on which method you used to contact us, your email address. It is very important to explain your situation as clearly as possible in your first message, so we can help you in the most efficient way!

Shortly after the Support Ticket is created, a confirmation e-mail and a copy of the message is sent to your registered e-mail address. This confirmation lets you know that the KingsIsle Support staff has received your message and that a reply will be forthcoming.

WizardGraphicalClient 2009-01-15 13-18-42-41

“I received my confirmation e-mail. What’s next?”

Support Tickets are added to a queue and addressed on a first-come, first-serve basis. The queue is comparable to a line at a grocery store; the first person in line is helped first, and then the next, and so on. Similarly, the players who have been waiting the longest in the queue are helped first.

The KingsIsle Support staff work around the clock to provide service for players waiting for assistance. It is the team’s goal to send a reply within 24-48 hours of receiving a Support Ticket. While we consistently reply within 24-48 hours, the response time can vary due factors that are difficult to anticipate. Sometimes we can respond faster than 24 hours, but there are also infrequent cases where the wait times are longer than expected. This often depends on the quantity and complexity of the issues that we receive.

Referring back to the grocery store analogy, when a person has a lot of items in their basket, it takes longer for them to checkout. Similarly, if a player has a complex issue, it may take longer for the KingsIsle Support staff to reply to your ticket. The next person in line will inevitably have to wait a little longer for their turn if this happens. As a result, the wait times can be different from day to day.

When the KingsIsle Support staff replies to a player’s Support Ticket we send a response and an updated copy of the Support Ticket back to your registered e-mail address. If you need to update the Support Ticket with additional information, all you  need to do is reply to the e-mail that you received from KingsIsle Support. All correspondence will be conducted via e-mail in this way until the issue has been solved.

WizardGraphicalClient 2011-07-26 15-51-58-39

“So that’s how it works!”

By providing insight into the support process, we hope to empower players with an understanding of what to expect when requesting assistance. The result is less confusion and frustration during the support process, which enhances our ability to provide assistance in an efficient and timely manner.

Here are some things to keep in mind when contacting support:

• Avoid contacting support more than once about the same issue – this will result in multiple Support Tickets, which may cause further delays or confusion while waiting
  • Include the username and character name, but do NOT include any passwords (these should be kept private). Also, please use your best grammar and punctuation!
  • Provide a clear and concise explanation of the issue or question – too little or too much information may cause complications for the KingsIsle Support team
  • Do not reply to the Support Ticket while waiting for a response unless it is absolutely necessary – the ticket’s position in the queue may be negatively affected
  • Check the spam folder for KingsIsle Support e-mails – sometimes it is easy to miss correspondence if it doesn’t make it to the correct inbox

Chad Hodgson
Customer Support Representative II

1. SlickJames / Oct 1 2013 9:42 am

Thanks i understand now.

2. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 12:07 pm

thanks for all our help and now I know what’s involved.

3. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 12:12 pm

I WANT TO PERSONALY THANK YOU. For all the hardwork you guys do their. Me as a player in the game appericates the understanding and the responces you guys give specially when any of us players are having a difficult time in what ever the issue is. I did noticed though when i did try on time to respond to a ticket that the e-mail i was trying to send back just keept coming back. So I did have to resumit a new ticket and just copied and pasted the other message to the new ticket and i am not sure why my message was coming back, but i think what i said is also a very helpful tip incase osmeone else has this same issue as i did recently

4. Jeffery Firestone / Oct 1 2013 12:19 pm

ok, and for issues that customer service does not resolve?

5. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 1:00 pm

6. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 2:14 pm

Does KingIsle plan on getting a call center. Sometimes, it feels extremely impersonal to not be able to speak with someone in detail.

7. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 2:14 pm

great!

8. Kevin12783 / Oct 1 2013 2:56 pm

Can this be used for personal ideas? I usually have ideas for cheat boss battles

• shark23435 / Oct 1 2013 3:36 pm

could you give me some ideas i have this solo boss, for my new storm spell. and i can’t defeat the boss

• Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 4:02 pm

you could just focus your gear on resistance to whatever school he is and then he can’t harm you that bad. 🙂

• Jeffery Firestone / Oct 1 2013 4:30 pm

go to the bazaar, look for maximum resistance against what you are facing, i am guessing its post celestia, but sometimes the path of resistance can overcome where the path of strength has failed.

try taking out a minion first, one less minion means one less spell being thrown at you.

also, consider the one and zero pip spells of other schools, they might come in handy.

• Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 5:02 pm

what you can do is get some gear with good resist and good damage with that it should kind of help and also try to go first

• valdus fireleaf / Oct 1 2013 5:06 pm

no you don’t have to use resist i have a promethean storm and i just hit hit and hit some more its a simple but affectave stratagy XD make sure your second scool is life to sytar

• Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 11:08 pm

well depends what kind of boss he is well focus on critical resist and get some like myth tc 🙂

• Anonymous / Oct 2 2013 7:38 am

You need plenty of shields available and a lot of heals. Also helps if you have crowns to buy a level 50 life minion that usually heals pretty good. Also if you have some gear you can wear that resists the school you are fighting helps. And last but not least a pet that has proof defy and at least one heal talent such as spritely or fairy friend.

9. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 2:58 pm

I dont get it that much lol

10. HunterOwlCaller / Oct 1 2013 3:25 pm

Yay for Customer Support!!
    ❤ you guys ^_^

11. Jose Sparklefinder / Oct 1 2013 3:30 pm

All of these details might be added to w101

12. KathleenThunderbreaker / Oct 1 2013 3:46 pm

I thank all of you Wizard101 helpers!! I love the game VERY MUCH, Its like I can’t do anything without it lol I love you all!!!!!
    Sincerely, Kathleen 🙂

13. ethan / Oct 1 2013 4:10 pm

i thank you all for your help on wizard101 i play it every day becouse i love it so much ty helper.

14. Jennifer DreamCaster / Oct 1 2013 4:24 pm

Thanks

15. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 4:40 pm

Kingsisle customer service is REALLY GOOD, i remember when my little sister fed my commander’s robe to my pet, i was so desperate, but Kingsisle gave it back to me 🙂

16. mr. mr / Oct 1 2013 4:48 pm

i dont get it its to complicated

17. mr. mr / Oct 1 2013 4:49 pm

i dont mean its hard for me to read but how exactly do you report someone

• Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 5:33 pm

Just pick on their name in the dialogue box. Their profile should show up in the friends list area. They won’t be added to your list but the report box will be there. Just click on report and give your short explanation. Easy peasy!

• Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 6:38 pm

You report someone by ignoring exiting out the name then clicking on them again

18. Kaitlyn Dragonthorn / Oct 1 2013 5:08 pm

Very useful ^-^ If you see me on the game, feel free to add me!

~Kaitlyn

19. Anoymous / Oct 1 2013 5:17 pm

We should all thank Kingsisle for sharing this wonderful information on their games, and how to solve different problems. Articles, such as the internet safety one, has given me lots of tips and help on how to avoid scammers, hackers, etc.! Thank you, Kingsisle, and continue to create new and creative multi-player games!!

P.S., can you do a multi-player game that has to do with anime, and has gods and goddesses in it? 😀 I just adore anime and manga to death, and I would love to have an account on an anime game that I can actually play on that’s my age! 🙂 😀

20. Claire / Oct 1 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks for explaining!

21. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 5:26 pm

I’ve always had great experiences with the support team at KingsIsle. Always friendly, helpful, and timely with their responses. Thanks!

22. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 5:27 pm

I have to applaud the Kingsisle Customer Service.
    Thank you guys so much, you really try your best for us to enjoy the game and I appreciate it 🙂

23. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 5:28 pm

I’ve had great experiences with KingsIsle customer support. Thanks for being so awesome!

24. emily / Oct 1 2013 5:31 pm

🙂

25. emily / Oct 1 2013 5:32 pm

awsome

26. Lauren / Oct 1 2013 5:37 pm

I just used this to see how long I was muted… good news, only 5 days left! THANK YOU KINGSISLE! I felt like this was directed to me XD

27. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 5:50 pm

ty i like wizard 101 a lot

28. thekingofgaming / Oct 1 2013 6:02 pm

thank god this is here!

29. YOUR WORSE NIGHTMARE...jaykay c: / Oct 1 2013 6:38 pm

To be honest I’ve contacted KingsIsle support so many times and I have to say customer support is really nice. They get back to you right away if not within 24-48 hours but no matter what they always get back to you. FIVE STARs cx – Katie Wild

30. Anita / Oct 1 2013 6:40 pm

How long should we be expected to wait? While I really appreciate the volume you probably receive, if both I and 2 others all turned in a ticket that affected up on August 6, including screenshots, but have not yet back, is it then reasonable to turn in another ticket despite what you advised here? Thanks for all your support!

31. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 6:56 pm

that was really helpful

32. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 7:14 pm

thanks I know how to do it now

33. Ms. Pearlflower / Oct 1 2013 7:24 pm

Thank you, sometimes I have problems with my stuff i’ll think of this when i need help

34. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 9:09 pm

I love wizard101 and pirate101. thank you all so much!

35. SaraiLightTail / Oct 1 2013 9:28 pm

Thx now i no. 😀

36. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 10:58 pm

Wizard101 is a great game and I have been playing for years. Thank you for explaining your support process. Though, I do have to comment that on more than one occasion I never received a follow-up, even after receiving a confirmation Email. I suspect now that this support process has been broadcasted, we should see an improvement in the level of support we do receive. Thank you.

37. Anonymous / Oct 1 2013 11:39 pm

thanks

38. tarek / Oct 2 2013 7:08 am

thx is not hard ay lvl 90 ice

39. Charles Chard / Jul 6 2014 11:32 am

I have an Idea on how you can get far more people interested in this game.Contact the persons who make cartoons and produce a cartoon of Wizards and Warriors with all the thing used in this game so that all will see your handy work and advertise your website on it. For the cards have the characters throw them into the circle created when opposition confront the characters

40. Dawn / Dec 9 2015 3:34 pm

Hey, This is Shawna DayRiver, From wizard101. I really appriciate you making this game so much!!!!!!!!!