March 13, 2020 / KingsIsle Community

COVID-19 Coronavirus and KingsIsle

Community,

In response to the COVID-19 coronavirus reaching Texas, KingsIsle has made the decision to have all staff work remotely. We are taking this step to keep staff safe and help prevent any possible spread of the virus.

Game development, support and our communications with you through our supported channels will be unaffected. Wizard101’s Spring Update development is also continuing as planned and we can’t wait to share it with you.

Wherever you are during this time, please stay safe and follow officially recommended procedures for taking care of you and your family’s needs.

Thanks,
KingsIsle Team

1. Brandon Napier / Mar 13 2020 12:49 pm

I’ll gladly help if it keeps my favorite game a float

• Anonymous / Mar 13 2020 8:14 pm

same

2. Anonymous / Mar 16 2020 7:18 pm

Please stay safe.

3. Anonymous / Mar 24 2020 12:05 am

I know times are tough, but SO many players have been waiting for an update thats compatible with MacOS Catalina…. Since October. I know you all are probably under a lot of pressure but i’ve been playing since 2012 and I miss the game so much, I’ll literally pay you! Just please update soon!!!

4. Christian Groff / Mar 27 2020 6:44 pm

My wizards, Grace Rainsmith the Diviner and Christina Dragonheart the Pyromancer, thank you for this step. I knew that the virus would affect you as well, but you took the chance to beat it to the punch by social distancing. I only hope that the servers can still be maintained even with this social distancing. I am so busy with various things that I can’t play as much as I would like, but I am hoping you will bring out some great new content and fix content that is panned(*coughcough*Devourer*coughcough*)

5. Ellie / Apr 3 2020 4:37 pm

Not saying you should (or could) but at least one game I know is actually making all of their areas, quests and raids free for everyone until April 30th. Other games which can’t afford to do that are holding special events and the like to support their gaming community during this time. Perhaps you could consider holding a special event beyond what is usually done this time of year? Since everyone is stuck at home we could all use all the mood boosters we can get! Please consider it! 😉