June 18, 2013 / KingsIsle Entertainment

KingsIsle’s New Blog… and a Confession

I’m thrilled to announce the official launch of KingsIsle’s new blog.  We truly have such a great community with phenomenal fan sites, players and (if you will allow me to gush just a little) excellent community managers.  This blog gives us another means to share our passion with you as well as dive into a broader range of topics.

What can you expect of our blog? For one it’s another fun, playful environment that lets a little more of our creativity shine through outside of our games.  Keep an eye out for insights into the gaming industry and perhaps a little guidance to those who aspire to enter it with us.  We also have some wonderful “Guest Bloggers” lined up, and we certainly want to hear from you on topics you would like us to further explore.  Perhaps most importantly, we want to give you a more intimate view of what we do here at KingsIsle and exactly why we are so passionate about what we do.

Okay, you know about the goals of the new blog… so what is my confession?   It is simply this – I love what I do.  No, really! I believe it is one of the things that set us apart as a company, because I’m convinced this feeling runs across every employee here at KingsIsle.

We work hard, but we certainly love gaming!

We work hard, but we certainly love gaming!

Sure, some days and activities are still “work” but never once have I lost my appreciation for how lucky I am to do what I do and to be a part of the KingsIsle community.  Bluntly stated, I am proud of what we all do here.   I’m even more proud to be a part of this this great community of Wizards and Pirates and more that you have created with us.

As I sit writing this first blog entry I actually have tears streaming down my face.  Just five minutes before I started writing this post I received a call from the Make-A-Wish foundation.  There is a 10-year old boy whose wish is to come visit our studio because he is such a fan of Pirate101.  How amazing to be a part of something that has such a positive impact.   Please accept my sincere gratitude for partnering with us to make something truly great.  Thank you for making our jobs so rewarding!

Fred Howard
Vice President of Marketing

1. Swordroll / Jun 18 2013 2:06 pm

Great! Will you ever be taking community guest bloggers? 😉

2. Katherine Light / Jun 18 2013 2:07 pm

It’s fantastic to see you guys starting this up – I’m sure the community as a whole would love to get a bit of a behind the scenes look at life in the gaming industry. I know this game has inspired a lot of students to seek out careers in gaming, and this blog could provide a lot of great insights for them.

Can’t wait to see how you guys use this to interact with the community even more… and please don’t forget to update us on the visit arranged by Make A Wish, if they agree? I would love to see more about you guys doing something so touching for a child. 🙂

3. Sheldon Cooper (@SheldonCentral) / Jun 18 2013 2:17 pm

Looking forward to reading other blog entries! And, Aww, Make a Wish Foundation have a great cause and it’s wonderful to hear they are going to come visit you with a kid! 😀

4. Jester / Jun 18 2013 2:44 pm

Congratulations on the blog launch! Can’t wait to read more!

5. Michele Tull / Jun 18 2013 2:48 pm

looking forward to seeing more from you all but i would love to have a new world in wizards and gear like waterworks but in the new world bigger and better dungeon like so we have to farm to get it though would be great as well

6. lukas / Jun 18 2013 2:49 pm

Powodzenia i dużo ciekawych nowości 🙂

7. Timothy Hammett / Jun 18 2013 2:53 pm

You guys are awesome! I like to play your game!

8. Wolfmoonruneerr / Jun 18 2013 3:02 pm

• Brandy Kingsolver / Jun 19 2013 1:19 pm

I think this is a great idea. But I can’t help noticing how at least one person had to copy someone else’s comment. Rather tacky I personally think.
      But on a positive note. I wish you guys all the best luck of the world in gaming and life.
      CONGRATS GUYS, ON AWESOME GAMES AND COMMUNITIES.!!!!!!

9. Russ Somers (@rsomers) / Jun 18 2013 3:05 pm

Congrats on the new blog and nice to see you blogging! KingsIsle does indeed have a positive impact for many kids and families.

10. Johnny / Jun 18 2013 3:10 pm

Cannot wait to see more posts! Great Idea, and having a company start a blog to connect more with their community and more is awesome. 🙂 Thank you for everything you do and I’m very interested to see the Guest Bloggers and their posts!

11. lindaberkowitz / Jun 18 2013 3:16 pm

Good Idea. Will be interesting .

12. Chris DrakeFlame (@TheDrakeFlame) / Jun 18 2013 3:53 pm

Great to see that y’all are joining us on the community in yet another way! 🙂
    I do look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us. Keep up the great work!

13. Ronin / Jun 18 2013 4:06 pm

You guys rock! Seriously! I love Pirate101 and Wizard101. I am totally looking forward to reading your blog! All of it! Keep up the great work KingsIsle! We all appreciate you and your efforts!

14. Valorie Stockstill / Jun 18 2013 4:07 pm

Can’t wait to hear more on the back stories of such a company full of so many gifted, caring people. I also am looking forward to hearing how the wish fulfillment goes. Well done KingsIsle.
    Blessings and giggles on all of ya.

15. Ben Malek / Jun 18 2013 4:12 pm

I am a player of both of your games and they are great!! And great idea making a blog. 🙂

16. serina / Jun 18 2013 4:19 pm

I love both games and making wishing foundation for that poor kid. love you guys and all of you rock. keep up the good.

17. Tiffany SoulGem / Jun 18 2013 4:21 pm

You guys are awesome! It’s wonderful when a gaming company chooses to immerse themselves into the community. It really shows how much you care for the players.
    Make-A-Wish is a great organization, let us know what happens!

18. Benjamin William Schweitzer / Jun 18 2013 4:59 pm

I enjoy playing the games, but I was wondering since wizards and pirates have been tackled I was wondering what would be approached. Considering the steampunk approach I think it would be interesting to see groups with mechanical and scientific abilities like engineers, mechanists, doctors, scholars, chemists and so on; something to think about at least, that and I couldn’t find a suggestions forum.

19. seanredhammer / Jun 18 2013 5:08 pm

Wonderful! I have been waiting for a blog from you all! Can’t wait to read more!

20. Haley Sparklestone / Jun 18 2013 6:20 pm

I find it so awesome that that little boy gets to come visit your studio. I hope the visit works out well!

21. logan / Jun 18 2013 6:22 pm

You guys are very inspireing and allways amaze me. I have been playing wizard101 for two years now and am still always surprised and or exited to expereins your updates and new quest. I allso play pirate101 and love just as much. (even though at first it was no that great or that popular i now see that it has taken a turn for the best) sinserly your greatest fan

22. Kingsisle#1 Fan / Jun 18 2013 6:23 pm

Kingsisle all I could say is that you guys are the most creative gaming company i know,I love PIrate101 and Wizard101, I also think that you guys should put more work on Pirate101 because I say that Wizard101 has way to much if you want more people to like Pirate101 add more stuff that Wizard101 does not have.Keep up the magnificent work!

23. Bob / Jun 18 2013 6:29 pm

I do like the game. Both Wizard101 and Pirate101 are the best games i’ve played, And i played over 100!

24. Melody / Jun 18 2013 6:30 pm

Fascinating as usual, good job!

25. Reefcentral / Jun 18 2013 6:39 pm

You guys rock! Pirate101 is truly an amazing game and I am glad to be part of the KingsIsle community. Keep the content comin! Oh, and play me at some ping pong any day any time, I’m down to whoop some behind!

26. Ethan / Jun 18 2013 6:40 pm

I love pirate101 and Wizard101, so naturally i will read this blog because this company rocks!!!!!! 🙂
    -Elijah

27. FrostBiteTheThird / Jun 18 2013 6:41 pm

I would love to see some new updates in Pirate101! Here, I have some ideas, I’m not forcing you to do this I would just like to see it:
    1. I’d like to see Mountaineers. Mountaineers have loads of defense, from armor to resistance, and they can cast spells that summon shields, like the spell Hoodoo Shield. Hoodoo Shield halves the damage done to the person that Hoodoo Shield was casted on from Witchdoctors, so Witchdoctors will do half the damage instead to the person with Hoodoo Shield. Back on the Mountaineers, they use staffy weapons and shields.

2. Please have some side quests in “the free game” that give new companions, like a vole explorer! (Voles are rat like rodents that live in Italy, they’re fatter, weigh more, and have a shorter tail)

3. I’d love to see a free new world, this could also be on wizard101! Maybe Comounto, home to the voles! (It is a just the word Como which is an Italian city and the word mount combined)

And finally, please keep us posted on stuff about your games. Maybe when you want to make an update tell us and get our opinion and see what you should change! Sorry for this being so long,
    I hope you take the time to read this.

28. mason / Jun 18 2013 6:53 pm

i have bin playing scince i was 7

29. Betelf / Jun 18 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks to all of you at Kingisle from a dedicated fan….Cheers!

30. mason / Jun 18 2013 6:55 pm

and i play both games

31. Soulhammer / Jun 18 2013 7:08 pm

We appreciate all you do! Of course, I’ve had a few dreams of voice acting for you guys, but it will take a little while before a 17 year old upstart like myself will get a call from a company like you! Keep making those dreams come true! You deserve all the praise! 😀

32. D.S. Devereaux (Destiny) / Jun 18 2013 7:13 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I’m very happy to see this site and I’ll be reading. 🙂

33. Bob / Jun 18 2013 7:15 pm

Nevermind about above, Wizard101 is a bit Old. But Priate101 is a Very good game. Though Wizard101 doesn’t have enough…Action.

34. Stormy Steven Cog / Jun 18 2013 7:31 pm

I just have one question is the next world that will be released Krokotopia?

35. Emma StormFlame / Jun 18 2013 7:40 pm

I been playing this game since I was 12 years old, Now I’m 17 and still loving the game! Nice work and good job as well! And I got a request.. If you guys can put in a salon in w101 to add in new hair styles and hair color changes that be awesome! Thanks 🙂

36. Griffin Vaughn / Jun 18 2013 7:53 pm

Wonderful that there’s a great new blog out there, I won’t be reading much but I just want to give props to Kingsisle for giving us such incredible games! I’m trying to see if I can figure out whether or not they’ll make a 101 game, and or what it’ll be, Ninja101, Indian101, Samurai101, Soldier101, Medieval101, or anything really, I’m just excited!

37. stacey / Jun 18 2013 7:54 pm

I love wizard101 and pirate101. I play both. keep up the good work. oh my son says he can’t wait for the new world to come to wizard101. maybe with higher levels ad more challenging quest to do

38. Daniel Nightstrider / Jun 18 2013 8:02 pm

Both your games are so fun! You can be a “Just play every now and then” player, a “Play every afternoon and get really into it” player, or a “I don’t think I could live without these games!” style player. All of these with ease and pleasure. Don’t ever stop what you are doing.
    -Daniel Nightstrider lvl 32 Magus Necromancer
    -Morgrim Spiritfriend lvl 26 Adept Sorcerer
    -Nimble Ignacio Dodger lvl 17 Musketeer

39. scarlet / Jun 18 2013 8:08 pm

I am a HUGE fan of both Pirate101 and Wizard101. I play both games regularly, and I think that this new blog is a great idea. i just have a couple of concerns. First of all, there are so many more quests that are available on the Pirate101 game than Wizard101. I would be thrilled if they could add a few more. 🙂

40. Helpful Luis / Jun 18 2013 8:10 pm

I play both games and I have to say gameing is no joke to you: But great job although you should shorten up the member ship are as in Pirate 1O1.

41. Sky Pirate / Jun 18 2013 8:42 pm

Reblogged this on Pirates in the Sky and commented:
    KingsIsle’s new blog, this is going to be really cool! Keep an eye out on kingsisleblog.com! (this is a reblog post)

• Sky Pirate / Jun 18 2013 8:46 pm

Great blog KI! Can’t wait to see what comes next!
      (I hope you don’t mind that I reblogged. I can remove it if necessary.)

• Fred Howard / Jun 19 2013 9:30 am

Re-blogging great 🙂 Thank you

42. Dougie / Jun 18 2013 8:47 pm

Ok stop playing games get back to work lol WE NEED A NEW WORLD

43. Frank / Jun 18 2013 8:55 pm

As a long time software and web developer (with too many gray hairs to work for a cool gaming company, at least according to one of your MMORPG competitors), I’d like to see a post on your development processes and general software development culture. For example, do you use Agile/Scrum or Pair Programming? What programming languages do you use? Or maybe something on your bug fixing or testing processes. Or, how you handle coordinating programming with artists. It might help young folks who’re considering getting into a software development career and will give us old folks laboring away a corporate logistics and inventory apps something interesting to read.

• Fred Howard / Jun 19 2013 9:31 am

Great request. We’ll see what we can do on the topic 🙂

44. ianstormstaff / Jun 18 2013 9:08 pm

Woot! looking forward to learning more about KI and how it runs. You guys make amazing games and I’m looking forward to reading more from you guys!

45. Andy Parrish / Jun 18 2013 10:02 pm

Just came across the line, “Is that a fine Imperial Jade Statue in your satchel, or are you just seeking a noodle-selling permit?”
    This is why we love you!
    – A Dad

46. hadi / Jun 19 2013 12:16 am

first off, interesting concept of releasing a blog. no really, this would actually tie in up with more closely the players with the company.

second, the boy’s wish is actually a very nice wish, i myself appreciate what he asks. posting pics of how your community is and the fun you have and not just a day of work and leave home, a day of work and leave home for years, this actually makes someone want to “live” at ki. i mean you, ki, has given me more appreciation and more interest and motivation to the major i am in currently, regardless of how much emphasis and education hardship it takes, is making me patient about this matter and even try to think of the classes exciting because of the overall idea you give to your players about the community you have.

thank you for creating this game, for some reason, i never can leave it. ya i do get mad at some stuff, all of us do at some point, whether it be spells, or certain updates, but central has been a fun home of debate and i did enjoy my time there because i always argued with others, and i found interest and fun in debating. but anyways, many people say “i am leaving…” “reason i am going” “i am quitting…” and everyday of this stuff, but at the end, i learned from experience with these matters that: they always tend to come back, ALWAYS. something about this game ties everyone to come back, even if it was long time of hiatus.

lastly, this blog i find it as more of also an extended message boards, except its free for all. meaning, there would be more interaction between players and ki, so less bugs hopefully and more satisfaction of updates and ideas your always surprise us with 🙂

47. demoncommand / Jun 19 2013 1:05 am

Cool! I hope you guys make a better world of social gaming!

48. Wolf BoomThorn / Jun 19 2013 8:19 am

Heys Kingsisle! Wolf BoomThorn here! Just wanted to tell you congradulations on posting your blog!

49. Danielle / Jun 19 2013 9:05 am

My little sister and I play Pirate101 and I was thinking my little sister and I could design something cool for it.

50. Danielle / Jun 19 2013 9:07 am

And My name on Pirate101 is Danielle my little sister’s is Cruel Isabella Vane.I should of put the two comments together I’m sorry for forgetting.